Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Text Off

My kids are BIG competitors.
(I have no idea where they get that from ~*said with sarcasm*~)
They also love their new cell phones.
(Yes, they are too young to have cellphones - but, come on, it's 2008)

If you've seen Tyler or Katie lately - they've probably been "texting", when they were supposed to be doing something else. Luckily, they have UNLIMITED text on their plans.

For fun, Dan and I challenged them to a "TEXT OFF" at the dinner table tonight.
Katie finished a SPLIT second before Ty - as she has had a little more experience (and a few more friends)

I told them what they had to type.
They sent it to my phone.
Dan deciphered the messages to make sure you could read them.


Katie's:
I think u r the best mom in the world i will b happy 2 do anything u ask me 2 4eva love kt

Ty's:
I think u r the best moyher in the wold i wiill be happ to do aney thin you ask me to do


Neither one of them were smart enough to realize that I now have written proof that they have agreed to do all of my housework for the rest of their lives.

I'm a genius.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....Ohhhhh, and they got the cool phones too. I bet they were so syked!!!!!! I think you win mother of the year award to them!

Tony Hulings said...

Pwned!

Tony Hulings said...

In case you didnt know


PWN (verb)

1. An act of dominating an opponent.

2. Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects.

Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer mispelled "Own" as "Pwn". What was originally supposed to be "player has been owned." was "player has been pwned".

Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

Kristie said...

Brilliant -
I've never heard of that word, but plan to use it OFTEN in the upcoming months.
How is it pronounced?

Or can you only "type" it, and NOT "say" it?

Tony Hulings said...

Oh, you can say it! It's one of my favorite words. Say P own - Pown - pwn - pwned (past tence) Pwnage etc..

Mara said...

so, it's pronounced "Pone/Poned"? I thought I'd heard it said "Pawn/Pawned", but always wondered if that was right.

btw, Kristie, I love that you have that in writing. You are a genius!! =)

Tony Hulings said...

Thats the beauty of the word. You can say it however you want. Pawn, Pown, Pwn... It really doesnt matter, as long as its used in the correct manner.

Mara said...

sweet, I've always wanted to use it, but didn't want to say it wrong - now I can! =)
Thanks Tony =)