Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Influence



Have you heard about this story?

He lied about the fact that he had CANCER, to cover up a sin, and to influence people.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this word - INFLUENCE.

People INFLUENCE people.

It is VERY HARD for me to
show GRACE to
PEOPLE who use their INFLUENCE
to further THEIR KINGDOM
instead of GOD’s KINGDOM.
(And, in some cases –
THEY CLAIM they are furthering GOD’s to excuse their own sin)

It could be on a SMALL scale, like ONE FRIEND that you talk to everyday.
It could be on a LARGE scale, like this singer/songwriter above.
It could be ANYWHERE in between.

I’ve seen a lot of this AROUND me lately.
It happens repeatedly everyday.
To be quite frank, it makes me ANGRY.

Yet, are we all guilty of it?
Think about the people you INFLUENCE on a daily basis.
Are you furthering YOUR OWN KINGDOM?
Or GOD’s?

No comments: