Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday Worship - Empty Me of Me

I've been thinking alot this week about what it really means to WORSHIP.

Some of my cool blogger friends have got me thinkin' that - pretty much -  I need to think about it more.

I've seen so many people describe WORSHIP in totally different ways.

What is it?
What should it look like?
What does it mean?
Does it have to involve music?
Does it have to involve preaching?
Does it have to be on Sunday?

(So Far) I've come to two conclusions:

1 -
I need to spend more time thinking, focusing, and studying on it, because I would eventually like to come up with a DESCRIPTION of what WORSHIP (exactly) means to me. (Yes, it is a harder question than I thought)

2 - 
I DO know that every moment of every day is an opportunity for me to WORSHIP GOD. Some days I FAIL miserably..... and some days I feel God is proud of me. 

SO - while I'm on this quest, I am officially dedicating Wednesday's to "Wednesday Worship" here @thelifeinadayofthecooks. Feel free to comment if  you have anything to add.

Todays Post:
I find that I "FEEL" like I'm worshipping when:

i'm in the car
by myself
singing the song
that was just on the radio
during the 'commercials' on the radio
after that song just played

Yesterday - It was this one.


If you don't have time to listen to the whole song - check out the chorus at 2:20.

empty me
of the selfishness inside
every vain ambition
and the poison of my pride
and any foolish thing
my heart holds to
Lord, empty me of me
so I can be
filled with YOU

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm.... I may be wrong, but in my personal opinion, I think if you ask 10 different people that question, ("what worship means to me?") you will get 10 different answers. I think it depends on the person and how their day happens to be going, what their answer will be? Just like you said somedays you feel like you failed miserably and others you feel like God is proud of you. I think God is proud of you, Kristie Lynn, EVERYDAY!

Anonymous said...

p.s. just like I think YOUR answer and definition will be different depending on the day.??? Who knows ....I may be COMPLETELY WRONG! ;)
I just know I look forward to your blogs EVERYDAY....especially when I'm having a crappy day and need a "lift" or a "laugh"...I come to The LIFE in a DAY of the COOKS....and it ALWAYS makes me feel better. That has to count for SOMETHING? ....something you're not even aware you're responsible for....:)

Kristie said...

Juge - AWWW, you are too sweet....
Thanks for the encouraging words!