Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Worship - Do I need a VISUAL??

John 4 – (The Message)
23-24"It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."

I’m really trying to wrap my mind around this concept that GOD gives me every moment, of every day, as an opportunity to WORSHIP Him with my TRUE self. What I decide to do with those moments is my choice.

Maybe I’m the only one out there that feels this way, but sometimes – I just FORGET.

So, I came up with this genius idea, that maybe I could just CREATE a constant VISUAL for myself – to allow less FORGETTING time.

Here are some of the ideas I thought of:
  • Tying a bright red ribbon around my finger.
  • Taping a Bible Verse to my MacBook Pro – as I spend 80% of my day on the computer.
  • Having a bracelet made with the letter “W” hanging from it.
  • (Dan’s favorite) – Getting the word WORSHIP tattooed across my wrist.
I had a life-changing experience in my professional life this week. Right when I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel, God decided to hire some construction workers to extend the tunnel. Right when I thought I was back in my comfort zone, God decided that change was needed to stretch me out again.

Here is the interesting part. When this experience happened, I was in an environment that was not familiar to me, and my eyes were drawn to a poster hanging on the wall.


Are you kidding me?

Seriously, if I FORGOT that it was my opportunity to WORSHIP. And, if I FORGOT to wear a VISUAL to remind me to REMEMBER. God still sent me the only visual I needed at that point in my life.

To me, the most powerful part of that incident is this -
It made me feel better to think that maybe God knows how hard I'm trying.....

3 comments:

SoulTattoo said...

God... Rairly early but NEVER LATE!

Anonymous said...

Of course He does!......Read the first line again..........."It's who you are and the way you live that count before God."
I think he was just sending you a reminder ...for YOU to realize He DOES know how hard you try and that maybe YOU should look at it a little DIFFERENTLY ;).....instead of feeling like your not doing it AT ALL ......Realize , you ARE doing it ....you just don't THINK or FEEL like you are sometimes, and its THOSE times He wants you to know, even if you don't think you're trying ....He KNOWS you are! oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Paul and Jackie said...

I can't wait to show Paul your post. Boy, does he need to see this, too, right now! Thanks for sharing! Love the poster!

Jackie