Sunday, June 8, 2008

'Dan'erism

For the last 13 years, I have been blessed with a husband that is ABSOLUTELY hilarious. He is seriously the funniest person I have ever met. For those of you that are blessed to KNOW him, you will be familiar with the term 'DAN'ERISM. A 'DAN'ERISM is a word or phrase that comes out of my husband's mouth, that would normally be considered BACKWORDS to other humans, BUT - perfectly FORWARD to him.

We have all teased him - "we need to write a book someday - to keep track of all of the 'DAN'ERISM's". My mom had a wonderful idea - she said - "Why don't you just start BLOGGING them - then we can create a BOOK from it later."

So,
A couple days ago, in the car - one of the kids says something - he shouts at them - "FIRE, FIRE, pants on liar!!" The ENTIRE CAR conversation continues - AS IF HE SAID IT CORRECTLY.

Approximately 10 minutes later, DAN cracks up laughing - "Did I say that wrong?"

2 comments:

SoulTattoo said...

I don't think I have ever spent time with Dan without him somehow making me chuckle - You are so right - he is funny!

Grandma KIM said...

Well, we should add the one Dan said at Ty's last soccer game......

Dan said, "It's SOOOOOO hot out here, even the flowers will WELT" I said, "Dan, if I pick that flower up and hit you across the face with it, then YOU will have a WELT...... did you mean WILT??????"

(don't worry Dan, I still luv ya!)