Friday, September 25, 2009

Flashback FRIDAY - two weeks ago


It was September 11th, 2009 as Dan and I prepared for an evening out with our great friends Jeff and Kim. We met at SNUG Harbor in Grand Haven, and had dinner together on the outside deck.

We talked about the past and the future.
We talked about God's plan in our lives.
We laughed. Alot.

Jeff and Kim will leave for Texas in a few days.
Tonight we will say goodbye.
I will miss my friends.

I had all of these great thoughts for this post today. But, I never seemed to get them in writing. I was 6 hours late to post this, because I just didn't want to say it - Goodbye.

God has a mysterious way of giving you something in your life RIGHT when you need it.
But, why does He then decide to take it away?

Dear ALL CAPS and Kim,
You will be dearly missed. I will miss the Sunday night fun times - when all we did was laugh. I will never go to another movie again without thinking of Jeff's reaction to VANTAGE POINT. I will not be able to start the clapping during a WORSHIP song without thinking that you guys are missing. I will never look at a scarf again without thinking, "that would look perfect on Kim".

Thank you for blessing our family with your love and kindness. Texas doesn't know how lucky it is.

I have so much more to say, but can't quite come up with the words.

May God bless you on your new adventures!
All our love,
Dan and Kristie

No comments: