Friday, September 18, 2009

Flashback FRIDAY - I didn't know.

It was February of 2002, and the phone rang very early for a SNOWDAY. I had made an assumption that my interview would be canceled, based on the fact that no kids were reporting to the school that day.
I made the wrong assumption.

Dan drove me through the 2 foot snowdrifts in the 4-wheel drive truck. He dropped me at the front door, and said, "Don't worry, babe. You don't really need a job anyway. Just be yourself, and if they don't take you - it's their loss."

As I recall, the first question was, "Tell me about yourself." I must have shared a little too much about myself, as years later my colleagues tease me "By the time you were done answering that question, we didn't need to ask you anything else." After the interview they gave me an Algebra test, as originally they were hiring a Teacher's Aide for struggling Math students.

I remember when he called to tell me the news, "Kristie, we would like to offer you the job - we think you would make a great addition to our staff."


I didn't know what I really meant when I said "Sure, I'll take the job - see you Monday."
I didn't know what God really had planned when he dropped me into this small community.
I didn't know that one of the greatest PASSIONS in my life would turn out to be a place that impacts the daily lives of children in a phenomenal way.
I didn't know that after all these years, I would have another family to support me.
I didn't know that one day, years later, God would give me strength and integrity; that he would use me to fulfill a plan of righteousness and justice.....

I didn't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That school was VERY lucky the day they hired you! =) You have made a positive difference in so MANY kids lives! =)


I hope everything works out for you ......hopefully justice will prevail =)