Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This morning I read Psalms 30-32

Seems like King David and I might be in the same boat.

How can feelings be so contradictive about the same topic?

One minute we feel this:
30:1 I will exalt you, O LORD,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
30:2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.
31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
for you saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.
31:8 You have not handed me over to the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place.

Yet, the next minute we feel this:
31:15 My times are in your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me.
31:17 Let me not be put to shame, O LORD,
for I have cried out to you;
but let the wicked be put to shame
and lie silent in the grave.
31:18 Let their lying lips be silenced,
for with pride and contempt
they speak arrogantly against the righteous.

Does it mean we’re wishy-washy, and can’t decide how we feel?

Or in my case, does it mean that I’m trying to RUSH to the END when God says it’s not over?

Philippians 1:6 - being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments: