Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Update - Katie



Ok, ok, ok, before you criticize my photography skills- I once again forgot the camera, and felt it necessary to post some type of picture off of my phone to signify the importance of the day. Katie has spent the last 2 weeks at Michigan State University, at the Osteopathic Medicine campus, experiencing many things revolving around the introduction to medicine.

Besides living the experience of dorm life for 2 weeks (of which she was not fond) she also came home with stories of cutting apart cadavers, and many other exciting activities. The above picture is when she received her "diploma" from the program, and also when she did her portion of the presentation at the closing ceremony.

Two things I am secretly happy about - 1) I am so proud of the young lady she has become - as she is very certain that she will explore some career in the medical field. Her desire to help other people makes me feel like we may have done something right?? :) 2) I am kinda happy that she missed us so much, because maybe she will decide to attend a college a little closer to home, at least for the first 2 years?? :)

We have also spent some valuable time getting to know Katie's friend, Alan, who seems to be a very delightful young man - who has a great sense of humor. Hopefully, he'll stick around for a while, I kinda like him.

No comments: